Council Priorities for 2010
Support Land Use Development Initiatives
• Undertake to make applications for development the top corporate priority.
Highway 3 Realignment and Improvements
• Undertake to meet with the Province to commence with the planning, design and construction of the Cook
Street Realignment Regional Police Force and Bylaw Enforcement Services;
• Complete the Police Study and negotiate an agreement with the Province, RCMP and Municipal partners for
enhanced Police Service for the Town of Creston and Electoral Areas A, B and C;
• Complete a review of bylaw enforcement services and implement a strategic approach to maintain efficient
and effective services.
Waste Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
• Complete Final Design;
• Complete an Infiltration Study to divert storm water from the Waste Water System.
Water Conservation and Education
• Determine Water Conservation Implementation Plan including metering;
• Undertake to define Priorities and Action Plan, Process and Budget;
• Seek grant funding for Action Plan;
• Create specific Educational Program for Water Conservation;
• Consider introducing low flush toilet incentives;
• Determine Leak Reduction Program and budget;
• Determine a new fee structure to implement Water Conservation.
First Nations Involvement
• Undertake to meet with First Nations to communicate the Corporate Strategic Plan;
• Invite First Nations to link to the Creston website (www.creston.ca);
• Develop and create an Advocacy Committee to interface and work with First Nations.
Website / E-Gov and Business
• Continue to create on-line tools to promote E-Government and Business on the website;
• Contract to be sought for ongoing maintenance of website;
• Continue to upgrade Town’s website;
• Additional staff resources to be provided to E-Government / Business Services focus;
• Review Council E-Gov for agenda packages.