If you are currently experiencing an emergency, please call 911 for assistance.
Our priority is to protect public safety and ensure that when disasters do happen, we can all return to "normal" as quickly as possible.
There are four stages of emergency management:
- Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Response
Experience has shown that effort spent on mitigation and preparedness reduces the impacts of disasters and improves recovery significantly.
Emergencies can strike at any time: read on to learn how you can become more prepared and how you can help your families and your neighbours.
Other useful links:
- FireSmart & Wildfire Mitigation
- Emergency Info BC, the Province's official channel for emergency updates in your area.
- Floods, landslides, spills or other hazards: (24 hr): 1-800-663-3456
- BC Wildfire: 1-800-663-5555 or *5555 on a cell
- Power lines / electrical hazards: Fortis:1-866-436-7847 or 911
- Gas leak: Fortis Emergency Line: 1-800-663-9911 or 911
- Highways: Drive BC
- YRB: 24H line: 1-888-352-0356
- Emergency Support Services (ESS)