The 2nd and final Fall Curbside Yard & Garden Waste pick-up will not be the week of October 24th as tentatively planned. The date has been changed to the week of November 15 – 18, 2022.
Yard waste is collected by the Town Crew and is scheduled for your regular garbage day. Due to the overwhelming amounts set out, it is possible that the crew will not collect it all in one day. Leave it out and they will continue where they left off the previous day. If it has not been collected 2 days after your garbage day, please call and let us know.
How to prepare:
• Branches and prunings (no larger than 6” in diameter) are to be wrapped in bundles of 3 feet (1 meter) - a manageable size for 1 person to pick up.
• Leaves, twigs, grass cuttings, and organic garden waste must be placed in rigid, weatherproof containers (e.g., garbage cans, cardboard boxes), something that can be quickly dumped and returned to the curbside.
• Paper garden bags are permitted.
• NO plastic garbage bags with yard waste will be accepted.
• We ask that you please keep all organic yard waste separate from household garbage when placing curbside for pick up.
• Yard and garden waste may not be picked up if materials are not prepared as requested.
Please note: Yard waste is for organics only and not ‘anything found in the yard’. For example: broken lawnmowers, paving stones and garden gnomes are not accepted.