Creston, BC November 24, 2020: Creston, thank you for your quick response to the Provincial Health Officer’s Province wide order suspending all events and social gatherings to reduce COVID-19 transmission related to social interactions and travel. Since the Order was verbally issued on November 19, 2020 the Province has provided additional clarity available here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support.
Ministerial Order on Use of Face Coverings in Indoor Public Spaces: Today, Mike Farnworth, Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General, aligned the Province’s measures under the Emergency Program Act (EPA) with the provincial health officer’s (PHO) guidance, that masks must be worn in indoor public places. Masks are now required to be worn by all British Columbians, 12 years and older, in many indoor public settings including:
- malls, shopping centres, coffee shops, and retail and grocery stores;
- liquor and drug stores;
- airports, city halls, libraries, community and recreation centres;
- restaurants, pubs and bars;
- places of public worship;
- on public transportation, in a taxi or ride-sharing vehicle;
- common areas of office buildings, court houses, hospitals and hotels;
- common areas of sport and fitness centres when not engaged in physical activity; and
- common areas of post-secondary institutions and non-profit organizations.
To read more visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020EMBC0061-001960 or read The ministerial order.
How to wear a mask: A properly fitted mask sits closely over the mouth, nose, cheeks and chin of the person wearing it.
- It is important to make sure the mask can be held in place comfortably with ties or ear loops to reduce the need to adjust the mask. If it is not comfortable, you won’t want to wear it consistently.
- Masks should only be used by one person and should never be shared.
Please see the How to wear a facemask poster for information on how to properly put on and take off a face mask OR watch this video: https://youtu.be/gvLA--hGU70