Creston, BC March 25, 2021: It has been over a year since the Town of Creston activated its Emergency Operation Centre. The tireless efforts of the Creston Valley community to keep each other healthy, safe and connected is deeply appreciated by Town of Creston Council and staff.
Changes to long-term care visitation on the way: Beginning April 1, 2021 all residents in long-term care and assisted living will be able to have frequent, routine opportunities for social visitation. Eased restrictions include:
- removing the requirement for a single designated social visitor to allow for additional family and friends to visit long-term care and assisted living residents;
- expanding the number of visitors so up to two visitors, plus a child, will be allowed to visit at a time, allowing people to connect in small groups;
- changing the allowable location of visits so family and friends can visit in residents’ rooms without staff present; and
- allowing physical touch between visitors and residents, provided appropriate infection prevention and control measures, like masks and hand hygiene, are in place.
To learn more: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0022-000551
Book your Vaccine Appointment Eligible Seniors: Interior Health is currently booking eligible seniors for their COVID-19 vaccine by age group according to the following schedule:
- Seniors born in or before 1945 (76+) may book from Wednesday March 24 at noon
- Seniors born in or before 1946 (75+) may book from Thursday March 25 at noon.
- Seniors born in or before 1947 (74+) may book from Friday March 26 at noon.
To book an appointment in the Interior Health Region call 1-877-740-7747. Please note that in Creston, when you arrive for your vaccine appointment at the Creston Valley Hospital, you will need to go to the lower level of the hospital (Creston Health Centre) to check in with the receptionist who will then direct you to the vaccination clinic. To learn more visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/seniors
BC Centre for Disease Control Update Weekly Update on COVID-19 Case Counts: From March 14 to 20, 2021 the BCCDC reported no new cases of COVID-19 in the Creston Local Health Area. It is important to continue to take all the necessary COVID-19 safety measures to ensure our Town remains healthy and safe. To view the map visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/PublishingImages/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/case-counts-press-statements/covid19_lha_20210314_20210320.png
EOC Information Officer
250 428-2214 (210)