The Department of Engineering and Public Works coordinates the provision of safe, efficient and reliable road and Town utility systems within the parameters of acceptable levels of service and operational and life-cycle costs.
The Department provides the following services for the citizens of Creston:
- Safe and efficient road transportation including:
- Traffic impact and transportation network studies ;
- Snow and ice control;
- Construction of roads, sidewalks and lanes;
- Installation and operation of pavement markings, traffic signs, on-street parking, traffic and pedestrian signals;
- Street sweeping;
- Road maintenance.
- Safe potable water distribution;
- Solid waste services;
- Sewer removal and treatment;
- Parks and trails infrastructure.
The Public Works Department also oversees the:
- planning, design, and construction of The Town’s water distribution, storage, and pumping facilities, wastewater collection and storm drainage systems;
- management of Department staff and other resources, including Professional Engineering consultants and Private Contractors involved with Town and private infrastructure development;
- administration of customer requests for Town services related to property access, use of streets and sanitary, storm, and water connections;
- Inspection of road and utility construction to ensure that Town interests are protected;
- maintenance and development of Engineering record drawings, mapping, signage and infrastructure database systems;
- administration of Town bylaws, Council and Department policies, reports and correspondence relative to the Engineering Department functions.
Town of Creston Public Works Infrastructure:
- Sewer = 20 km
- Sanitary Sewer = 46km
- Water Pipe = 55km
- Distance of Paved Roads = 40km
- Distance of Unpaved Roads = 1km