Media Release: The BC Wildfire Service reminds everyone planning to head into the backcountry or go camping on the Labour Day long weekend to comply with provincial legislation related to campfire use and open burning. VIEW ADDITIONAL INFO for full text. Read on...
What's on your mind, Creston? You talk. We'll Listen. Have an informal chat with our Mayor Ron Toyota, along with the RCMP Staff Sergeant, Public Safety Compliance Officer and Fire Chief about whatever's on your mind. Sept 10 - Black Bear Books 9:30-11am. Read on...
Sunday Sept 13 is the FREE Household Hazardous Waste Round-up in Creston. Clean out your garden shed, garage and under the kitchen sink to get rid of toxic chemicals such as pesticides, oils and cleaners safely. Residential household hazardous waste only. Read on...
For the months of April and October residents in the East Waste Sub-region will be able to deposit their yard and garden waste at no tipping fee at the following facilities: Creston Landfill; Crawford Bay Transfer Station; Boswell Transfer Station. Read on...
The Arrow Creek water supply system is experiencing early year high demand due to the extended hot weather and low precipitation period over the last 2 months. Read on...
- For Current Wildfire Information and mapping please check out www.bcwildfire.ca
- Highway Information www.drivebc.ca
- Provincial Information regarding Evacuation Alerts or Evacuation Orders check out www.embc.bc.ca
- Wild Fire Public Information Phone Line : 1-888-336-7378 press 3 for the Kootenays
- To Report a Wildfire: 1-800-663-5555 or * 5555 on most cell phones