- Garbage is collected bi-weekly (alternating with recycling).
- Residents supply their own garbage containers/bags.
- The program accepts:
- 1 container of garbage in bags (max. 120L) weight not exceeding 50lbs; or
- 2 regular sized black garbage bags (65cm x 83cm) not to exceed 11.5kg (25 lbs) each.
- If you have additional waste, garbage tags can be obtained from Town Hall for $2.00 each. Affix the extra tag to your garbage bag in a place visible to collectors. Ensure the tag is affixed to the garbage bag not the container. Each additional bag must have a extra bag tag attached.
- Place bags or containers at the curb before 7:00 am on your collection day.
- Place containers as close as possible to the curb, or, where no curb exists, the edge of the road area, without obstructing vehicle or pedestrian traffic.
- All material placed in garbage containers must be bagged. Loose material, even if contained within a garbage container, will not be collected.
- Do not include compostable or recyclable material.
- If you have a home with high waste disposal needs contact Tip-It Waste Solutions at (250) 428-9887 to subscribe to an additional weekly collection opposite your regular garbage collection for an additional fee.
- If you have a home with high waste disposal needs due to a life stage (eg. diapers - child or adult, or medical waste) speak with staff at Town Hall for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have further questions please contact Town Hall. If your bags were missed, please call Tip-It Waste Solutions Inc. (250) 428-9887