- Recycling is collected bi-weekly (alternating with garbage).
- The Town will supply an 83 L blue bin.
- The program accepts:
- As many containers of recyclables as needed.
- The containers must be clearly marked for recycling, have handles, an open top, and contain a maximum of 18 Kg (40 lbs) of material.
- Containers do not have to be a blue bin; however, if it is not obvious that your container is designated for recyclables it may not be collected.
- Recycling symbol stickers to identify non-standard recycling containers are available at Town Hall.
- Place your Town-supplied blue bin at the curb before 7:00 am on collection day. This bin indicates that you are eligible for the curbside collection of recyclables.
- All eligible materials must be emptied and rinsed. They may be placed in the same blue bin (no need to sort).
- Recyclables must be loose in the bin, plastic-bagged recyclables will not be collected.
- Glass, styrofoam, plastic bags/wrap and other flexible plastics cannot be placed in your blue bin but can be disposed of at RDCK Recycling Depot.
- Don't worry about the rain or snow, recycling dries fast. If you are concerned, cover recycling with a large piece of cardboard.
Curbside collection of recyclable material, for commercial properties, is not available at this time. The RDCK Recycling Depot, located at 412 Helen Street is a core depot and accepts commercial/business generated recycling.