Many Town of Creston Plans, including the Official Community Plan (2017), Creston’s Climate Action Plan (2023), Zoning Bylaw (2022), Downtown Revitalization Plan (2023), and Multi-modal Transportation Plan (2022), all work together to develop a connected community. The Trails Master Plan aims to complement these plans by providing a long-term strategy for creating a connected and walkable community which encourages active transportation and outdoor recreation. The Plan addresses the following major components of comprehensive trail development:
- Urban trail development - focused on safe and accessible travel throughout Town;
- Rural trail development - focused on providing low-barrier recreational opportunities within Town;
- Connectivity Corridors - focused on developing key streets that serve as important trail system links;
- Activity hubs - focused on identifying key locations where people regularly frequent to shop, attend school, and recreate; and,
- Intra-valley trail development - focused on finding opportunities to connect Creston’s trail system to a broader network.