Creston Fire Rescue
Our Mission Statement: Putting people first with pride, honour and integrity.
The members of Creston Fire Rescue are committed to:
- A safe, healthy, respectful and inclusive workplace;
- Serving the public with skill, care and professionalism;
- Acting with dedication, commitment and honesty; and,
- Striving to be better.
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays) | 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
About the Department
Creston Fire and Rescue has 30 plus members who have many years of fire rescue experience. The department is comprised of a full time Fire Chief, Assistant Fire Chief, and Fire Service Support Supervisor with the rest of the members providing a paid on-call service. The Fire Department operates a work experience program with firefighters from across Canada who serve our community.
Creston Fire Rescue is operated by the Town of Creston under the authority of the Town administration and Town Council through Fire Services Bylaw No. 1928. Contained within this bylaw is the legal establishment of a Fire Department for the purpose of providing a municipal fire protection service, defining the services provided by the fire department and municipal burning regulations.
Creston Fire Rescue provides fire protection services to:
- The municipal boundaries of Creston
- Portions of Regional District Central Kootenay Area B (Erickson)
- Portions of Regional District Central Kootenay Area C (Eg. West Creston)
- Additionally, the fire department has an automatic aid agreement with Canyon-Lister and Wynndel-Lakeview Fire Departments