For information about decks, please review BC Housing Illustrated Guide for safe and durable decks and Renovations and Additions Checklist to ensure you meet the requirements, prior to submitting your application. Submissions of full sized paper copies of plans and roof truss packages will be accepted at Town Hall.
Complete the following forms and provide the applicable documents below:
- Building Permit Application Form
- Owner's Authorization Form note all property owners on title must sign this form
- State of Title, current within last 30 days, including copies of all covenants, easements and right-of-ways (for additions and decks only, not required for interior renovations)
- Scaled architectural drawings, and site plans (if scaled plans are greater than 11x17, hard copies are required).
- Roof and truss design package
- Site Plan (for additions and exterior renovations only, not required for interior renovations)
- Cosmetic changes such as painting, flooring, replacing baseboards and resurfacing cabinets do not require a building permit. Please refer the building bylaw to see when a permit is required.