The Town of Creston will be conducting the second Fall Curbside Yard & Garden Curbside Pick-up in November. The collection week will be November 14-17, 2023. Yard waste is collected by the Town Crew and is scheduled for your regular collection day. Due to the overwhelming amounts set out, it is possible that the Crew will not collect it all in one day. Leave it out and they will continue where they left off the previous day. If it has not been collected 2 days after your collection day, please call and let us know.
How to prepare:
- Branches and prunings (no larger than 6” in diameter) are to be wrapped in bundles of 3 feet (1 meter) - a manageable size for 1 person to pick up.
- Leaves, twigs, grass cuttings, and organic garden waste must be placed in rigid, weather proof containers (e.g., garbage cans, cardboard boxes), something that can be quickly dumped and returned to the curbside.
- Paper garden bags are permitted.
- NO plastic garbage bags with yard waste will be accepted.
- We ask that you please keep all organic yard waste separate from household garbage when placing curbside for pick-up.
- Yard and garden waste may not be picked up if materials are not prepared as requested.
Please note: The date may change as it is weather dependent. Visit creston.ca or our social media pages (Facebook and Instagram) for updates.